Sunday, October 30, 2011

Strength that is not My Own

These past several days have been very busy with ministry-related activities* as they seemed to have all compiled together at the end of October. The busyness was capped quite nicely, though, with Re-Connect – an event at RF where we gather together to worship Christ through songs, Scripture and testimonies of the Lord’s faithfulness in our lives. We do it every time there is a 5th Sunday and I LOVE it. I have mentioned before that the Lord is teaching me to be spent for the Gospel. I am continually learning what that looks like, but as He continues to weed things out of my life (TV*, Internet, interests/passions that don’t conform to His, etc.), it becomes a little easier to do so. After being spent these past few days for the Gospel, the Lord blessed me with Re-Connect – meeting me in worship with His presence and strengthening, renewing and refreshing my Spirit. I love the presence of the Lord. I love Him. There is no greater, more fulfilling thing than being immersed in Him.
How lovely is your dwelling place, O Lord of hosts! My soul longs, yes, faints for the courts of the Lord; my heart and my flesh sing for joy to the living God…For a day in Your courts is better than a thousand elsewhere. I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of wickedness. Psalm 84:1-2, 10
So, after being on the go for days on end, the Lord met me and quieted my soul. Instead of being exhausted, I am refreshed. So true is Isaiah 40:31: “But they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up on wings like eagle; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.” As I wait (actively – in obedience) to the Lord, He gives me strength. It is His strength, not mine. I will always grow weary and faint when I try to live, serve, etc. in my own strength. But when I depend on the power of Christ instead of myself and walk in daily obedience to Him, He gives me the strength I need to accomplish the work He has for me - for it is His work, not mine, therefore, only His strength is sufficient. The fact that He gives me exactly what I need for the day at hand is further confirmation that His mercies are new every single morning (Lamentations 3:22-23).
Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10
*I did manage to find a little time to watch the St. Louis Cardinals win the 2011 World Series! 

1 comment:

melvin said...

Hello Rachel, have a nice day.
Melvin