Sunday, May 22, 2011

Surrendering the Results

Today was another glorious Sunday of relaxation, cleaning (well, until the vacuum cleaner died!) and enjoying the weather. I went on a long walk in the subdivisions by where I live. I was on the phone so I wasn't paying attention to where I was going and, before I knew it, I was by the highway. I had quite the trek back. :)

The Lord continues to amaze me in how He sovereignly coordinates my study in His Word with the sermons I hear and the books I read. He pressed upon my heart to study the book of Hebrews and then 1 & 2 Peter (which I finished today). All three have to do with perseverance in the faith - something I have much need of these days as I wait for the Lord to give me clear direction regarding the future. Verses from these books seem to pop up everywhere I turn - like in the sermon from RF this morning. The sermon was based out of Philippians 2:12-13 and it was exactly what I needed to hear. I was reminded yet again that the results of living in obedience to Christ are not up to me, but up to God. I am not responsible for the how things turn out when I step out in faith as God leads or sow seeds in ministry. I am simply to trust, obey and follow His leading. And even though I can't see it, God is working in the mundane, every day things of life. Most importantly - and this fills me with hope - is that He is making me more like Christ in every way. The process may not be fun and I might not see the results immediately, but this is God's promise and plan (Philippians 1:6) and it will be accomplished. :)
Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, so now, not only as in my presence but much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling, for it is God who works in you, both to will and to work for His good pleasure. Phillipians 2:12-13
Side note: My quest for a journal is over. I bought the leather one at Borders today. :)

No comments: