Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Coffee Jitters

I can tell it is the end of the semester. I am sleeping less and drinking coffee more. I just finished writing two papers. I am almost entirely done with two of my classes, but I feel like I am just getting started in my third one. There is so much to do between now and Thanksgiving.

This evening I had to make an emergency run to Walmart for staples. I bought 500 for exactly $1. That should last me for the rest of my life. :)

Today, there was a tornado warning in Louisville. The sirens went off on campus. Southern usually tests them on Tuesdays, so I ignored them. Then a message echoed through the intercom system to retreat to the locker room because of reported tornadic activity. It made for an interesting afternoon...

I have been teaching an Indian friend how to drive. She is doing well, but it has been interesting. She keeps wanting to drive on the left side of the road (which is what they do in India). This is a habit I am going to have to break. :) Soon we will be practicing parallel parking...

I cannot believe this is the last week in October and that there are only two months left in 2010. Where has the year gone?

Lessons from the Lord: trust, trust, trust in many areas of my life where He is indeed stretching me; the unfathomable grace of Jesus Christ; biblical ethics; contentment; patience; daily dependence on His provision

No comments: