Sunday, September 13, 2009

Next Stop: MO

Last weekend I went to visit Sarah in AL for Labor Day. It was a quick trip but we made the most of it. We went to a drive-through safari and the science center (which pales in comparison to the FREE one in St. Louis). Next weekend I will be heading to MO as is my custom around my sister's birthday. I am really looking forward to hanging out with her on Friday. I told her to clear her calender for me. :) I have really been missing her lately.

I met my language partner last night. She is a doll and I absolutely adore her. She is from China and is working on her Master's in Biostatistics at the University of Louisville. We spent several hours getting to know one another and I even got to tell her about the Way. I am really looking forward to see what God has in store for our friendship.

I got a bed last weekend for $20! Probably the best $20 I have ever spent. :) My good friends (and former house-parents) are going to give me a desk they no longer want. These are both gifts from the Lord for which I am very thankful.

I already have packed boxes to take home next weekend as I think about moving again in December. Next semester (Lord willing), I will be in South Asia. I am scheduled to leave in January and will be gone for six months. This is for sure the biggest thing the Father has ever called me to do, but I know that He will be with me and I am very excited to be about His work. Please keep me in mind as I raise pr support and financial support in the coming weeks. Eph 3:20

No comments: