Friday, December 12, 2008

Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire...

Well, not a real fire. Last weekend my roommate and I put up the Christmas tree, lights and other Christmas decor. We also spend some time building a fireplace...



which we are pretty proud of it, I am not going to lie. :) We also plan to decorate our patio for the contest our apartment complex is holding. Winners receive a discount off of January's rent. My boss is going to let me take whatever I need from the store to decorate. Fun times.
I have started Dr. Sill's new book. I am only 4 chapters into it, but it has been so good so far. I highly recommend it.

Unfortunately, I have to read for school as well. I am taking a one-week philosophy course in January. Gag.

The Lord has been so gracious in providing for me financially this week. I was worried about going home for Thanksgiving and missing a week of work, but He has sovereignly provided in such a way that it's like I never missed work. Slowly, I am beginning to trust Him over my checkbook. What a blessing He is to serve!

CHRISTmas is quickly approaching. I hate how the glory of Christ gets overshadowed by all the holiday hype. The Lord has been teaching me over the past couple of years the impact of what this holiday represents. Christ, who is fully God, humbled Himself by taking on the weakness of human flesh (while not ceasing to be divine in any way). He became a baby. Babies, may I remind you, are Weak, but He never ceased to be God. Mystery of all mysteries. He dwelt among us (Immanuel). He became one of us in order that He might save us.
When you did awesome things that we did not look for, you came
down, the mountains quaked at your presence. From of old no one has
heard or perceived by the ear, no eye has seen a God besides
you, who acts for those who wait for him. -Isaiah 64:3-5

1 comment:

Melissa said...

The post was beautiful.