Wednesday, August 13, 2008

What?!

Check this out: I talked to my mom today (she is doing well, by the way) and she told me that she found out that one of her home-health nurses has a son who is one of the writers for LOST. I was like, are you kidding me?! She wasn't. Home-grown right in good ol' Fredericktown, MO. Who would have guessed that? I wouldn't have in a million years...but it's pretty cool.

Among other news: I bought my books Monday. Depressing. Not because they aren't good books but because they were so incredibly $$$. This also means one more thing: school starts next week! I am not so sure I am quite ready yet, but I am so excited for whatever the Lord has in store to teach me (both in and out of the classroom).

School beginning next week also means that I am running out of time to finish the book I am reading (A Chance to Die: The Life and Legacy of Amy Carmichael by Elisabeth Elliot). It is such a good book and I highly recommend it. Amy Carmichael is an incredibly godly women who spent 60 years of her life (with no furlough!) in India serving children and the less fortunate. She had an undying passion for evangelism and the glory of God and demonstrated the love of Christ to those around her with whole-hearteded devotion. Some of her writings and works tug at my heart in powerful ways and I am so thankful to the Lord for leading me to read this book (as it was His idea not mine).

There is more to write, but, alas, I must get ready for bed...

No comments: