Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Quick Notes

(These are in no particular order.)
*I greatly enjoyed the two days of gloriously warm weather and miss them already.
*The Lord has blessed me with a much larger income tax return than expected. I am praying as to how to use it wisely and in a way that is pleasing to Him. He is so gracious!
*I discovered a wonderful verse today in the book of Psalms: "When the cares of my heart are many, Your consolations cheer my soul." (94:19)
*I never thought I would see the day, but NASCAR has come to Southern Seminary in the form of a life-size Carl Edwards cut-out poster advertising Vitamin Water. The thought of it just makes me laugh. If only they knew he is being accused of cheating to win last weekend's race...
*I have been reading about Biblical womanhood and it has been encouraging, inspiring, and refreshing. What wisdom God has in the way He created mankind male and female!
*I tasted African tea for the first time.
*I also tried ribs for the first time (STL BBQ style!) at Famous Dave's.
*Three of some of my favorite people got engaged last month. What's more, none of their wedding dates overlap. Can we say summer of weddings? 4 and counting...
*LOST is back and I love the direction the writer's are going with the show. I am still just as confused and unsure about the storyline as I was when I first started watching it, but that is why I love it. :)

No comments: